"Sometimes - on the way to a dream - you get lost - and find a better one"

"Sometimes - on the way to a dream - you get lost - and find a better one"

Friday, September 2, 2011

Light bulb experience.....

So we are redoing the boys bedrooms decor and furniture and we had two perfectly good beds....one was a toddler bed and the other was a twin size loft bed. When we decided to get new furniture I thought it would be a good idea if I put the beds up for sale on Craigslist.....I have never done that before but know a few people who have both bought and sold from there.....Within 24hrs of listing them I had someone very interested in the loft bed but she had to make arrangements to borrow a bigger car to come and pick it up. She told me she would touch base on Sept 2 and let me know when she was coming and that her son (3yrs old) was so excited about getting a new bed!!!

At 11:45am today I received an email from her that said, " I am so sorry to tell you but I can not buy your loft bed anymore, last weekend my entire house and most of my things were destroyed by hurricane Irene. I am now trying to find a place for my boys ( age 2 and 3) and I to live. Thank you for understanding!"

I could not believe that she took the time to email me after all of the devastation she had just gone through and she thanked me for understanding. I felt terrible about this and all I could think of was how she said last week how excited her son was about this bed. I emailed her back and told her how sorry I was for all of her losses and I understood completely. She emailed me back and said "when she gets on her feet if the bed had not been sold she would try and still buy it."

My heart was broken for her and her boys and I got a strong sense of just how lucky I am.....here I am complaining about silly things and this women and her boys lost everything!!! I emailed her back and asked her if I could help her by giving her BOTH beds for free. She quickly responded that I did not have to be so generous considering I do not even know her.......I told her I DID need to be that generous and to let me know as soon as she finds another place to live I will bring over both beds to her boys!!

WOW just look how lucky I am!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment